Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Cherry ripe brownie bar

More birthday celebrations, you only turn 45 once after-all...with family coming, there is always more than one cake for a birthday, and being a cherry ripe fan....when I saw this recipe on the Taste website, I had to bake it. Both my loves, Cherry ripe's and brownie....I knew it would be overly sweet, but alongside my previous recipe the Lemon Ricotta cake I know that I would be covering everyone's tastes.


WHAT YOU'LL NEED

  • 60 grams butter
  • 52 grams Cadbury Cherry Ripe, finely chopped
  • 120 grams Dark Chocolate, finely chopped

  • 1 egg
  • 50 grams caster sugar
  • 50 grams brown sugar
  • 75 grams plain flour



  • 50 grams red glace cherries, finely chopped
  • 50 grams red glace cherries, cut in half
  • 125 ml  condensed milk
  • 65 grams desiccated coconut
  • 4-6 drops of red food colouring

  • 130 grams dark chocolate, finely chopped




Method

  1. Preheat oven to 160 C. 
  2. line and  lightly spray a slice/bar tin - I have this brownie tin and only used  the centre row, next time I'd make my plain brownie mix and bake the lot ready to freeze. 
  3. In a small saucepan over medium heat, place the butter, chopped Cherry Ripe and 120 grams Dark Chocolate. Stir with a metal spoon until the chocolate melts. Set aside to cool slightly.
  4. Whisk the egg, caster sugar and brown sugar until combined add the cooled chocolate mixture and beat till combined. 
  5. Add the flour and stir until smooth.
  6. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool slightly.
  7. Combine cherries, condensed milk and coconut and food colouring in a bowl. 
  8. Spoon cherry mixture over the brownie. Smooth surface. 
  9. Bake for a further 20-25 minutes. Set aside to cool completely. Remove from the pan.
  10. Place remaining chocolate in a zip lock bag in the microwave on medium, squeezing every 30 seconds, until well melted. This is where I varied from the recipe, I just snipped the corner of my bag and drizzled all over the slice....but to get the real Cherry Ripe bar look, you will need to Pour all but 2 tablespoons of the chocolate over the bar on a cooling rack, spreading along the top and sides. Then snip the corner off the bag and drizzle the remaining chocolate lengthways to create lines. Set aside until chocolate sets. Slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment